What is Zinzino Balance Test
Examine 11 fatty acids with 98% confidence
The Zinzino Balance Test is a dried spot test that provides information about the balance of Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential acids in your blood. The test is easy to perform and takes less than a minute. It can be done in the comfort of your own home. With this test you can check 11 essential fatty acids, and therefore it belong to one of the Best Omega 6:3 Ratio Check available for public today,
Dry Blood Drop (DBS) by Zinzino Balance Test
Test balance of omega 6:3 essential acids ratio in your blood
Zinzino Balance Test is one of the Best Omega 6:3 Ratio Check and it’s approved product for the “in vitro” diagnostic of blood sampling at home. It is a simple blood test conducted by the dry blood drop (DBS) method, which provides accurate data on the level of fatty acids that reflect the composition of fats in the diet. The sample analysis process is completely anonymous.
Balance Test is sent to VITAS Analytical Services in Norway. It is an independent laboratory that cooperates with the World Health Organization (WHO) and holds a GMP Good Manufacturing Practice Certificate with 20 years of experience in chromatographic examinations using the latest technology.
This test examines 11 fatty acids found in the blood with 98% confidence. The results are available after about 20 days on the zinzinotest.com website, which shows the omega-6 to omega-3 ratio, body omega-3 content, fatty acid protection profile, etc. From the analysis of blood fatty acid content has been found that this profile is closely related to our health status.
What Fatty Acids Are Tested?
palmitic acid (PA), stearic acid (SA), oleic acid (OA), linoleic acid (LA), alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid (DHGLA), arachidonic acid (AA), eicosapenataenoic acid (EPA), docosapentaenoic acid (DPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).
What should the omega 6 to omega 3 ratio be?
There are several independent scientific sources that have different opinions about what the right ratio should be. However, they shall agree that the optimal ratio between omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids should be around 4:1 or less. However, the most people does not take enough Omega 3 rich foods and therefore the average ratio is between 12:1 and 25:1. Although Omega 6 is essential, it is necessary to limit its intake.
Omega 6:3 Balance Ratio
Zinzino Balance Test More Info
How to take the test
- BalanceTest is an approved in vitro diagnostics product for personal blood sample collection at home.
- First wash your hands with soap and rinse well with warm water and dry them.
- Take out the sample card from the paper envelope.
- Save the envelope for later use.
- Tear off the SAVE part on the sample card and take a picture of the Test ID. You can ONLY see YOUR test result with your PERSONAL Test ID. Place the card with the two circles facing up on the table
- Use alcohol wipe to clean the tip of your finger (middle finger is recommended).
- Stimulate blood flow by making big circles with your arm or shaking the hand downwards for 20 seconds. Take out the single-use lancet. Remove the transparent safety cap and the lancet is ready to use.
- Place the lancet against the lower part of the fingertip facing the collection paper on the table. Push the top of the lancet against the finger until you hear a click. The lancet will automatically make a small prick in the finger.
- Don’t touch the filter paper circles with your hands. Squeeze the finger gently one time and add several, minimum 3, free dripping blood drops to each circle marked on the sample card. The blood should completely fill the inner part of the circles.
- Leave the sample card in a horizontal position at room temperature for at least 10 minutes for the samples to dry well.
- Insert the sample card back into the paper envelope. Then place the paper envelope into the metal bag and close it.
- Important: Do not remove the desiccant bag from the metal bag.
- Place the closed metal bag into the big envelope with the laboratory address on it. NOTE! You MUST put the correct amount of postage (stamps) on the envelope before you put in the mail box.
- To register your Test ID online, visit www.zinzinotest.com. This is the website where you can see your test results later. It takes 10-20 days until your result are ready.
- Important: Keep the SAVE part of the card. You can ONLY see YOUR test results on the internet with your PERSONAL Test ID.
The test measures 11 fatty acids, including saturated, monounsaturated (Omega-9) and polyunsaturated (Omega-6 and Omega-3) fatty acids. Individual fatty acid values are shown in the table and expressed as percentages of the total fatty acids measured. For comparison in the table, the average range for each fatty acid (based on data obtained from a large group of balanced people) is presented as Target Value. The following fatty acids are measured:
Palmitic acid, C16:0, saturated fat
Stearic acid, C18:0, saturated fat
Oleic acid, C18:1, Omega-9
Linoleic acid, C18:2, Omega-6
Alpha-linolenic acid, C18:3, Omega-3
Gamma-linolenic acid, C18:3, Omega-6
Dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid, C20:3, Omega-6
Arachidonic acid (AA), C20:4, Omega-6
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), C20:5, Omega-3
Docosapentaenoic acid (DPA), C22:5, Omega-3
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), C22:6, Omega-3
Certified test kit
The Zinzino Dried Blood Spot Test is certified to comply with the European regulation 98/79/EB on in vitro diagnostic (IVD) medical devices. This means the test and all its components are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and so the Kit has the CE mark on it.
This is how your results are calculated
11 fatty acids are analyzed and the total sum of their amounts is considered 100%. For the following 6 values, we use 7 of the fatty acids. The analyzed amount of each of the 7 fatty acids is calculated as a percentage out of the 100%.
1. Omega-3 Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
2. Omega-3 Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
3. Omega-3 Docosapentaenoic acid (DPA)
4. Omega-6 Arachidonic acid (AA)
5. Omega-6 Dihomo-gamma-linolenic acid (DGLA)
6. Saturated fat, Palmitic acid (PA)
7. Saturated fat, Stearic acid (SA)
First, the following 3 recognized health indicators are calculated:
1. The value for the Omega-6 ratio is calculated like this: (DGLA+AA) * 100 / (DGLA+AA+EPA+DPA+DHA)
2. The value for the Omega-3 level is the sum of EPA+DHA
3. The Balance value is calculated as Omega-6 (AA) / Omega-3 (EPA)
Each indicator value is given the same weight in a second calculation and assigned a value between 0 and 100, which is then divided by 3 to get the Protection Value that ideally should be above 90. This does not tell anything about the health status of the person, only the fatty acid protection level.
Note: EPA and DHA values have a high impact on all the calculations and if EPA and DHA percentages are low, then as a result very low or even zero Protection Values are not uncommon.
The Omega-3 Index is the summary of the percentage values for the two marine Omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. The ideal combined level is at least 8%, but higher values like 10% are desirable. Omega-3’s have many benefits because they are the primary building blocks in your cells. EPA is dominant in the blood, muscles and tissues, while DHA is dominant in the brain, sperm and eyes.
The balance is calculated by dividing the percent value of AA with the percent value of EPA (AA / EPA), which is then expressed as a Balance value, for example 3:1. The Omega-6:3 Balance in the body should preferably be below 3:1. If this ratio is above 3:1, you will benefit from a change in your diet. A low balance of Omega-6 and Omega-3 is important for maintaining normal cell and tissue development (homeostasis) and help the body control inflammation.
Cell membrane fluidity
Fluidity is calculated by dividing the percent value of the two saturated fats with the percent value of the two Omega-3’s. The fluidity value is thus defined as (PA+SA) / (EPA+DHA), and the result is expressed as a fluidity index, for example 3:1. If the fluidity value is below 4:1, it shows that there is sufficient fluidity in cell membranes. The more saturated the fats are in a membrane, the more rigid is the membrane. Conversely, the more polyunsaturated the fats are in a membrane, the more fluid is the membrane. Cell membrane composition and structural architecture is critical for the health of the cells and hence the body. On the one hand, the membrane needs to be rigid enough to provide sound cellular structural architecture. On the other hand, the membrane needs to be fluid enough to allow nutrients in and waste products out.
This is calculated by dividing the percent value of AA with the sum of the percent values of EPA and DHA, i.e. the Mental Strength value = AA / (EPA+DHA). The result is expressed as a mental strength value, for example 1:1. The value should be below 1:1 for sufficient and balanced supply of both Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids to the brain and the nervous system. Cognitive performance improves with increased consumption of marine Omega-3’s EPA and DHA. Childhood and old age are two critical and vulnerable stages and Omega-3 deficiency is associated with learning and memory deficits, as well as mood problems.
Arachidonic acid (AA) index
The AA Index shows the measured value of the Omega-6 fatty acid Arachidonic acid (AA) as a percentage out of the total fatty acids measured. Good average values are in the range of 6.5 to 9.5% with an optimum target value of 8.3%. Arachidonic acid (AA) is the most important Omega-6 fatty acid for the body. It is the starting point for the production of local tissue hormones triggered by Omega-6, such as prostaglandins, thromboxanes and leukotrienes, all with various functions. The overall function is, however, to protect the body from damage by limiting the progression of the infection or the impact of the injury.
Zinzino Balance Test: Best Omega 6:3 Ratio Check
Independent check of your ratio between Omega 6 and Omega 3 fatty acids with Zinzino Balance Test. Examine 11 fatty acids in the blood with 98% confidence
Product SKU: BalanceTest
Product Brand: Zinzino
Product Currency: EUR
Product Price: 119
Price Valid Until: 2024-01-01
Product In-Stock: InStock
- Provides data about your Omega-6:3 Balance
- Fatty Acid Protection Profile
- Cell Membrane Fluidity Index
- Easy-to-use dried blood spot self-test
- Examine 11 fatty acids
- Evaluation may take longer
- If bought separately, the price may seem higher
* These results may not reflect the results of all consumers of Zinzino products. The results are not guaranteed! Consult your physician before using any product.
These statements have not been evaluated by the EFSA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.