Globally, a staggering one billion people grapple with a deficiency in vitamin D, often unknowingly. Factors such as our daily routines, geographical location, and even our skin complexion significantly influence our ability to produce and assimilate this vital nutrient. Like many other health-related matters, this is highly individual. However, monitoring our body’s health and making necessary alterations, especially concerning vitamin D, is entirely feasible.

But why are so many people deficient in vitamin D today? The scarcity of sunlight throughout the year and associated risks of sun exposure are two pivotal factors. Urban living, indoor occupations, dietary habits, age, skin type, and weight all govern the body’s capacity to absorb adequate levels of Vitamin D. Given its importance among nutrients, staying informed about your Vitamin D status should be integrated into every health and wellness routine.

So, what is the function of vitamin D?

Often referred to as the “sunshine nutrient,” vitamin D vitamin D has manifold roles in our body. It strengthens our immune system and is intimately linked with other nutrients like calcium to stimulate bone growth.

The sun is responsible for about 80% of our body’s vitamin D synthesis. However, this only occurs with proper exposure to direct UV light on our skin. The remaining 20% can be obtained from a diet rich in fortified foods and supplements. Typically, 15-30 minutes of daily sunlight is enough to replenish vitamin D levels in people with fair skin.

However, individuals with darker skin may need up to six times more sun exposure. The sun’s rays are most beneficial for vitamin D synthesis between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

As stated by the New England Journal of Medicine, most residents of the Northern Hemisphere are unable to produce any vitamin D from sun exposure between October and March.

A myriad of health benefits come with adequate vitamin D, all of which are jeopardized when we fail to get sufficient sunlight for natural vitamin D production, or when our diet lacks this essential nutrient. This rings particularly true in the winter months when our food turns into the primary vitamin D source.

Common dietary sources of vitamin D encompass fatty fish like salmon, cheese, eggs, breakfast cereals, mushrooms, spinach, kale, and soybeans.

Why is the source of Vitamin D in a supplement crucial?

The world of supplements is not one-size-fits-all, a fact that rings particularly true for Vitamin D supplements. The importance of scrutinizing the source of Vitamin D becomes even more critical for those seeking vegan-friendly options, as many manufacturers rely on chemically modified sources for Vitamin D3. This leads to most plant-based Vitamin D supplements utilizing Vitamin D2, despite Vitamin D3 being more readily absorbed by the body. Enter Lichen, an all-natural and toxin-free source of Vitamin D3, which holds the distinction of being the first source of this nutrient approved by the Vegan and Vegetarian Society.

Lichen, a symbiotic composite of algae enveloped by fungi, stands as the most bioactive and sustainable source of Vitamin D3 – identical to what our body produces when subjected to sunlight. Commonly found on rocks, mountainsides, and trees across North America, Asia, and Scandinavia, lichen acts as a sunlight sponge.

ZinoShine+ is the all-natural and vegan vitamin D3 supplement

ZinoShine+ harnesses the power of 100% natural, wild-harvested lichen to deliver Vitamin D3 in its most bioactive form, facilitating optimal nutrient absorption for your body. Enriched with broad-spectrum magnesium, ZinoShine+ not only enhances absorption but also helps reduce tiredness and fatigue. This dietary supplement offers excellent flexibility for adjusting your intake throughout the year, based on your current vitamin D levels, as determined by your VitaminD Test.Zinzino ZinoShine as Vitamin D supplement

Shine a light on your health with the pioneers of test-based nutrition

Stay vigilant about your personal wellness with the Zinzino VitaminD Test. This at-home, dried blood spot test is the most recent advancement in Zinzino’s nutrition strategy, a logical progression following a decade of spearheading preventative health by the global health and wellness company.

Currently, Zinzino boasts the world’s largest database of fatty acid dried blood samples, positioning it uniquely to provide tangible evidence of the efficacy of their scientifically validated supplements in achieving body balance.

4.9/5 - (8 votes)

Share with others

Leave A Comment